Christchurch is the perfect solution for you if you want to explore wonderful beaches, nature reserves, heritage attractions. All you have to do is use Christchurch car hire and explore it. However, even if you plan your two week vacation in detail you will be unable to explore all. You will fall in love in the wonderful harbor, and beaches, two rivers and for those who are traveling with kids, there is a wonderful playground.
Four miles of wonderful coastline with six sandy beaches this is the place you want to visit. There are many indoor and outdoor attractions on the coast but also in the city center.
With you can explore the wonderful area around Christchurch.
The below are some suggestions:
If you want a short ride only about 15 minutes drive here is what you may see:
- Addington Raceway (trotting and greyhound racing)
- Air Force Museum at Wigram (free entry)
- Alpine Ice Sports & Entertainment Centre
- Antigua Boatsheds - Canoe or pedal boat hire for a gentle row down the peaceful Avon River
- Christchurch City Art Gallery - The gallery is now fully functional again, after several years of EQ repairs have been completed
- Botanic Gardens - free gardens in the center of the city, a popular visitor spot year round
- CaddyShack City - Indoor mini golf
- Canterbury Museum - free access to some of the region's historical artifacts and a special interactive children's area (gold coin). A variety of special exhibitions is held throughout the year.
There are many opportunities for you to explore but for that one, you have to prepare to drive from hour until 3.5 hours.